Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Public reacts poorly to district promoting Iranetta Wright to area chief

Spoiler alert: none of the comments were; hey you go it wrong, hey you are being too harsh or even, hey I kind of like her.

Here are a few of the comments I received, equally divided about her and the super who promoted her: As a parent, I was horrified by an unprofessional, ghetto message she left on my answering machine-rude, aggressive, and quite shocking coming from an administrator. Very low class.

She took over doing the announcements from Mr. & Ms. Andrew Jackson, a tradition that was very central to the school. She took over officiating & opening at ceremonies from the student reps. SHE sang the Star-Spangled Banner over the P.A. when Obama was elected; not a student, her. SHE dances at the basketball games & on the sidelines of football games, thinking this will endear her to her people, but it only alienates the community. Doesn't she realize that high school is for the kids? Not for some immature administrator reliving her glory days?

Her overblown ego knows no bounds.

You are kidding right? This woman is going to be an Area Chief? I no longer believe in Dr. Vitti's leadership.

So many things I want to say and could but we should not be surprised one bit...got to love the original thinking of DCPS

What!!!??? I thought so much more of Dr. Vitti's leadership. I guess I was wrong.

Education Matters also had its highest daily readership in months and after just 14 hours the original post abut her promotion is the third most popular in the last month.

I believe at the very least people have concerns and I also beleive the super has to do better if he is serious about the district being better.