Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Learning and Teaching 101: Milo teaches Mira to do the cannonball
Learning and teaching are very simple really.
Some basic elements:
1. a teacher who want to teach
2. a learner who wants to learn
3. something that can be clearly accomplished by the learner
4. a teacher who can show how it is done
5. success is obvious to everyone
we don't need learning theories, testing, teacher evaluation, or help for kids who can't learn
we also don't need classrooms
we just need one on one attention to help kids do what they express an interest in doing
until we understand that we have "schools that don't perform"
just get rid of the 'one size fits all' curriculum