Saturday, July 13, 2013

Florida Virtual School’s lack of oversight.

I ran into a teacher friend last night and she was fuming about the Florida Virtual School. It seems that her daughter’s boy friend signed her up claiming to be her guardian. It was quite by accident that my friend became aware of this. When she called the FVS and asked what the heck was going on she received several shoulder shrugs as an answer. 

I a not a fan of Virtual Schools in general though I completely get for some students capable of self regulating themselves they can be a boon but I also know most students are like I was and self regulating isn’t their strong suit. Then there is accountability too, who’s taking what under what circumstance, that’s another thing a lot of kids and apparently the FVS aren't very good at either.