Monday, June 11, 2012

Thank you and Farewell to TeachPaperless Blog


TeachPaperless

Shelly Blake-Plock is the creator of the blog "TeachPaperless." It was one of the first education blogs I found and started reading years ago and was one of the ones that convinced me that I should start my own blog. His blog was not limited to articles on going paperless, but rather had articles about thinking outside the box as an educator and doing different things with your students. I took many of his ideas and integrated them into my classes.

A couple of years ago Shelly asked me to contribute to his blog and I did write some articles for it. It was a great way to get more exposure for myself and my ideas. 

TeachPaperless had great articles, and great conversations in the comments sections. I learned and expanding my thinking because of this blog. 

Last Friday, Shelly posted that he was shutting down TeachPaperless and there would be no more postings. The site is still available for viewing, http://teachpaperless.blogspot.com/ and I highly recommend that people go there and read some of the great articles that are there. 

I want to take this opportunity to thank Shelly for his excellent blog, his excellent writings and ideas, and for helping me start as a blogger and for helping me thinking differently about how to help my students do well in school and teach them in new ways. Good luck to him in his future endeavors!



Some more tips for going paperless

Paper, we don't need no paper! Tools and tips for going paperless

Unfettered by Stuff - or "Why I don't lug stuff home every night"