You are invited to the Jam on the American Graduation Initiative for community college leaders; an online discussion with you and others from around the country about President Obama’s recent announcement to invest $12 billion in America’s community colleges. Convened by the Brookings Institute, The Education Commission of the States, and Jobs for the Future, the Jam will be held on September 16, 2009 from 8:00 am to 12:00 Midnight EST.
Sponsored by Knowledge in the Public Interest, with LaGuardia Community College as the lead college, the Jam will solicit your ideas about:
1) WHAT we should know—the benefits and consequences--about what the administration is proposing
2) HOW we can organize ourselves to make a difference for every community college in the US
Join a diverse group of individuals—community college presidents, faculty and staff; public officials; policy researchers and advocates--to influence the discussion on this groundbreaking proposal. The result will be a tool kit for action that will be available within two weeks of the Jam.
You can RSVP for the Jam until Sunday, September 13 by:
1) Going to http://polilogue.net
2) Receive a confirmation email from “Polilogue Admin” with a link back to the site.
3) Click on the American Graduation Initiative community to enter the Jam site.
4) The passkey is: register
Please join in shaping the community college response to the most important national higher education initiative since the GI Bill. Come and go as your time permits, post as often as you like, and move between conversation threads.
See you online.
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Lead Author, "Transforming Community Colleges,"(Brookings Institution, 2009)